Every year, India celebrates Yoga Day on the 21st of June. Millions of yoga practitioners collaborate on this day, taking the pledge to enhance their physical and mental health. Yoga is impactful for all but yoga for women specifically offers potential benefits in terms of flexibility, balance, mental health, bone strength, etc. In this article, we will take a closer look at 5 yoga for women, including their benefits. As a bonus section, we will also find out what kind of clothing is best and appropriate for long yoga sessions. So, bring out those sneakers and get ready for a great beginning!
Yoga Poses for Better Health and Mental Energy
Supta Baddha Konasana/Butterfly Pose
One of the greatest restorative yoga poses, Supta Baddha Konasana is generally done after the end of regular yoga sessions. Apart from its benefits, this asana helps in performing other yoga postures as well.
- Activates the ovaries, provides menstrual comfort and helps in managing menopause symptoms.
- Gives the body a good stretch, opening up the hips and the knees and influencing the pelvic area.
- Relaxes the body, calms the mind and promotes mental peace.
- Soothes the reproductive and digestive system.
- Induces sleep and helps alleviate insomnia.
Are you wondering which yoga gives beauty? You will be glad to know that Halasana helps you eliminate harmful substances from the body. When you practise it regularly, you will observe that your skin will become healthier and firm. As an inverted yoga pose, it provides a relaxation stretch to your body and is done at the end of a yoga session.
- Strengthens the spine and tones the back muscles.
- Releases tightness from the back, neck and shoulders.
- Improves digestion and helps combat constipation.
- Makes the skin glow removing all toxins from the body.
- Relieves stress and tension.
Among the most significant Yoga for women, Chakravakasana involves flexing and extending the spine during proper inhalation and exhalation. You can do this pose in between other yoga postures (as a relaxation gesture) or to eradicate your back pain. This asana is noted for improving breath synchronisation.
- Strengthens the spine and releases the accumulated tension in the upper back and neck.
- Stretches the back and opens the abdomen and the hips.
- Stimulates adrenal glands and kidneys and strengthens them.
- Relieves women of their menstrual pain.
- Increases the flexibility of muscles and prepares the body to perform other yoga postures.
Among the best yoga for women, Bhujangasana consists of a series of backbends. The posture increases the flexibility of the lower back and massages all the internal organs. A part of the traditional Surya Namaskar, this yoga mobilises your muscles and warms you up for later postures. Bhujangasana activates the Kundalini chakra and increases your body heat, lowering the possibility of diseases.
- Improves digestion by stimulating the digestive organs.
- Decreases menstruation problems and regulates menstrual cycles.
- Tones inner thighs, hips and lower back muscles.
- Increases blood circulation and opens the heart.
- Stretches the shoulders, chest and lungs.
In this detailed list of Yoga for women, Dhanurasana rightly deserves an important position. The bow pose offers a perfect stretch to your entire back and opens up the back completely, promoting flexibility and improved muscle strength. This yoga posture not only treats different ailments but also strengthens your core. Dhanurasana focuses on the muscle areas and mainly works on the neck and back.
- Helps to improve reproductive health.
- Makes your back and lower portion more flexible.
- Relieves constipation improving the digestive organs.
- Promotes blood circulation and improves the functions of multiple organs.
- Eliminates stress and fatigue.
Why is Yoga Important for Women?
Research suggests that practising yoga comes with multiple benefits. Here are some of the top benefits:
- It helps in strengthening bone health and relieving joint pain and back pain.
- It aids in tackling stress, fights out depression and promotes mental health.
- It helps in dealing with PMS symptoms and helps women stay active and manage the symptoms.
- It boosts metabolism, improves the sleep cycle, helps in weight management and offers a proper shape to the body.
Now that you know the benefits of yoga poses for women, try out these Yoga for women and improve your overall well-being.
Yoga Dress for Women
Wearing the perfect attire is a must if you want to practise yoga in the right manner and unleash its fullest potential. Today, various women’s yoga dresses are available that gives unparalleled comfort to practitioners and offer flexibility and breathability. From solids to animal prints, florals to geometric patterns—there is a wide range of dresses that women can wear to keep it simple and light during their practice sessions. So, before choosing your clothing, always think about the weather, if you can breathe comfortably wearing the dress, the location where you are practising, etc.
While checking out prospective yoga clothes online or by visiting your local store, make sure that you take special care of your footwear as well. Go for sneakers, sandals, slides or anything that you are comfortable wearing. Use non-slip yoga socks instead of your regular socks and keep your feet dry and clean with proper and regular foot care. Wear something easy to wear and remove.
So, there you go! Practise these 5 Yoga for women and experience a renewed sense of positivity throughout your body. As you focus on yourself, your physical and mental health will improve and yoga will help you discover the lost connection within your true self. If you search ‘yoga classes for women near me’ on Google, you will come across a list of places offering yoga services. Instead of being overwhelmed by various choices, you can opt for our yoga classes. Our yoga teachers specialise in the craft, understand your physiology and help you cultivate a better version of yourself. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up for a yoga class today.